And I found these regulations which I thought should be known by both men and women.
On 16th August 2005, The Factories (Amendment) Act 2005 was introduced in the Loksabha. The Bill proposed to amend section 66 of the Factories Act 1948 so as to provide flexibility in the matter of employment of women during night shift with adequate safeguards, dignity, honor and transportation.
- No women is required or allowed to work in any establishment after 9.30pm.
- Special arrangement should be made for protection of female employees working before 6 am and after 8.30 pm including transportation.
- Female employees should be provided job jointly or in a group.
- Arrangement of rest rooms and lockers should be made for all women employees.
- No women employee should be asked to come for night shifts for more than 15 days.
- Under clause 9.1 of IT and ITES policy 2003 of Govt of Maharashtra it is proposed that every vehicle transporting women employees be issued special pass.
- Every company should provide a security guard with the vehicle for the women employee.
The reason I chose to write this topic is because, I recently was interviewed by a company and I even decided to join them. But neither did they provide any accommodation or help in finding one nor were they ready to provide any security or protection for night travel. Now even though the job doesn't go beyond 9, don't you think they should at least have a security to escort the person to the public transport?
Please share your views and comments, and please correct me if I am wrong regarding the regulation.